Sunday, January 11, 2015

10. Republican Propaganda

I must confess that I have some strong opinions about the Republican Party of today's America. I sincerely believe that they should heed their fearless leader, Mr. Dick Cheney’s advice.

I received a piece of Republican propaganda, disguised as a survey, from the congressman Tim Walberg. By the way, I hope there is a way to request a refund of tax from the waste of conducting this survey. That enraged me enough to write out this response to this piece of utter lie and propaganda.
  1. I believe that this country is on the right track, no matter how hard the Republicans works to drag this country into the muddy pit of last millennium.
  2. My top priorities are economy and jobs, education, healthcare, in that order.
  3. I believe that the single best tool to get our deficit spending under control is not just cutting spending, not just increasing taxes. It is something more complicated than the simple Republican minds capable of imagining.
  4. I think that the Congress should replace the Obamacare with universal healthcare.
  5. It has stayed the same for me. But what does the Congressman care? Mr. Walberg probably is insured for the rest of his useless life.
  6. The government should play a proper role accordingly to our taxes pay for. As for now, I don't think the Congress has been doing the job that my taxes would have paid for. I do not pay for you idiots to stop the President from being re-elected. I pay tax so that the nation is secured, my family gets proper healthcare, my children gets good schools and my roads get potholes fixed.
  7. Yes, I do believe the economy is going to get better in the next year.
  8. I believe the nation needs to have a comprehensive energy policy, one that includes the use of more renewable energy, less fossil fuels, to the extend possible. I believe the pursuit of renewable energy technologies will move the nation forward, create vitality in the economy and jobs with that.
  9. Yes, I do believe that the impact of jobs and wages should be considered when new regulations are written. But I also believe jobs and wages are only one of the aspects of regulations may impact the nation. As an example, the nation should do as much as possible to prevent another financial infrastructure melt-down like what happened in 2007.
  10. In the long term, I believe in balancing the federal budget. But forcing a balanced budget for the sake of a balanced budget is equivalent of tying the nation's hands. I do not believe that would increase economy security for families, nor produce more job opportunities for Americans.
  11. I believe one plus one equals two should be true regardless where you live. I believe that national educational standards would help students, teachers and parents. Having one standard per school distract means that there is no standard.
  12. Yes, I do agree with the president's action regarding undocumented immigrants. I just wish that those of you in the nation's congress have the intelligence and courage to legislate on the matter.
  13. I get most of my news and information from read local news paper (online and in print), listening to local and national radio, using Twitter and other online media sources. I watch the The Daily Show for critical reporting and Fox News for comedy.
(Hmm, 13! That is my lucky number.)

No comments:

Post a Comment